CALL FOR PAPERS, IGEL Stavanger (NO), July 25-28, 2018
The International Society for the Empirical Study of Literature (IGEL) invites submissions to the 2018 biennial conference across all areas of the empirical study of literature and media, including but not limited to, cognitive processing of literature, literature/media and culture, neuroscience and literature, literary reception, reading and emotion, historical study of literature, and corpus analysis of literature.
Check out all the information here
Additional Information :
The official website of IGEL: http://www.igel.uni-goettingen.de/
The IGEL 2018 conference website: http://igel2018.no/
The 7th International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design (evoMUSART) will be held in Parma in 4-6 April 2018, as part of the evo* event. The main goal of EvoMusArt is to bring together researchers who are using Computational Intelligence techniques for artistic tasks such as visual art, music, architecture, video, digital games, poetry, or design. The conference gives researchers in the field the opportunity to promote, present and discuss ongoing work in the area.
- Submission: 1 November 2017
- Notification to authors: 3 January 2018
- Camera-ready deadline: 15 January 2018
- Evo*: 4-6 April 2018
We welcome submissions which use Computational Intelligence techniques (e.g. Evolutionary Computation, Artificial Life, Machine Learning, Swarm Intelligence) in the generation, analysis and interpretation of art, music, design, architecture and other artistic fields. Submissions must be at most 16 pages long, in Springer LNCS format (instructions downloadable from http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0). Each submission must be anonymised for a double-blind review process and submitted to http://myreview.csregistry.org/evomusart18/ (which should be online soon). The deadline for submission is 1 November 2017, and acceptance notification on 3 January 2018. Accepted papers will be presented orally or as posters at the event and included in the evoMUSART proceedings published by Springer Verlag in a dedicated volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Systems that create drawings, images, animations, sculptures, poetry, text, designs, webpages, buildings, etc.;
- Systems that create musical pieces, sounds, instruments, voices, sound effects, sound analysis, etc.;
- Systems that create artifacts such as game content, architecture, furniture, based on aesthetic and functional criteria.
- Robotic-Based Evolutionary Art and Music;
- Other related artificial intelligence or generative techniques in the fields of Computer Music, Computer Art, etc.;
- Computational Aesthetics, Experimental Aesthetics; Emotional Response, Surprise, Novelty;
- Representation techniques;
- Surveys of the current state-of-the-art in the area; identification of weaknesses and strengths; comparative analysis and classification;
- Validation methodologies;
- Studies on the applicability of these techniques to related areas;
- New models designed to promote the creative potential of biologically inspired computation;
Computer Aided Creativity and computational creativity:
- Systems in which computational intelligence is used to promote the creativity of a human user;
- New ways of integrating the user in the evolutionary cycle;
- Analysis and evaluation of: the artistic potential of biologically inspired art and music; the artistic processes inherent to these approaches; the resulting artefacts;
- Collaborative distributed artificial art environments; Automation:
- Techniques for automatic fitness assignment
- Systems in which an analysis or interpretation of the artworks is used in conjunction with computational intelligence techniques to produce novel objects;
- Systems that resort to computational intelligence approaches to perform the analysis of image, music, sound, sculpture, or some other types of artistic object or resource.
More information on the submission process of evoMUSART 2018 can be found at http://www.evostar.org/2018/cfp_evomusart.php Past Evomusart papers can be found http://evomusart-index.dei.uc.pt/
We look forward to seeing you in Parma in 2018!
The evoMUSART 2018 organisers